MuggleNet: Half-Blood Prince Countdown

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

St. Patty's Day is coming!!!

In just 9 days, for the second year in a row, I am going to visit Lindsay in Chicago for St. Patty's day! Well, St. Patty's day weekend since the actual holiday is on a tuesday. I cannot wait!! Gaelic Storm, a Celtic-Rock band we LOVE, will be playing at the House of Blues again. Have I ever mentioned how much I love Irish music?? Just give me songs about drinking, a fiddle, and a dude with an accent so thick you can barely understand him and I'm in heaven! I was first introduced to them at the Irish Fest in Columbus a couple summers ago (one of the best weekends of the summer!) and have been hooked ever since! Chicago really pulls out all the stops for St. Patty's Day, too. They dye the river green, there's a parade, and people decked out in green wigs, clothes, beads, and costumes crowd the streets. And when i say dye the river green, I mean bright neon radioactive green. Here's a few choice pics from last year, and I will be posting the new ones after I recover from the weekend :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Colbert takes us back to 1997 LOL!

This will never get old... SO cool.